When I first started making cards, I didn’t want to go out and buy scrap book paper, it seemed like too much of a drive, and you had to pick the perfect colors, etc. Here is an easy tutorial that anyone can make, perfect for family activities, or just a cute card for someone special.
This is the simple card, using only construction paper. I tried to limit the amount of materials needed so that most people can have these materials lying around the house somewhere!
The thing I LOVE about paper crafts is that every little thing makes a difference- a hint of lace here, or a few buttons can instantly transform your final product!
Read the easy directions below!
1. Construction paper: I only had a limited amount of construction paper, so I chose
For the sash, it was blue but you can basically choose any color.
4. A Printer
This isn’t necessary, if anything you can draw the cupcake yourself!
1. After gathering the supplies, go on google and find a picture of a cupcake.
I prefer black and white since it prints out faster and saves ink.
You can choose even more complicated designs, but for the sake of this tutorial… I chose an easy one.
2. Start cutting out the all the parts.
3. Fold the white construction paper in half (making it into a card), then paste the pieces together on there.
4. You can use whatever you have to decorate the cupcake! I used blue construction paper to add a little pop, and a sticker to add more of a design.
1. I would use ribbon to give it a more girly effect (I love ribbon and twine, it makes everything better)
2. If you have buttons, it would be cute to scatter some around the top of the cupcake.