Part 2: MUAC Mandelic Acid Peel REVIEW
Sorry for the long wait, but here is my review of the highly effective, Mandelic Acid Peel…
The Website States…
What is Mandelic Acid?
Mandelic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid. Derived from bitter almonds, it has a number of benefits for the skin.
The molecular structure of mandelic acid is larger than better known alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid and lactic acid. This means it takes longer to penetrate the skin’s surface and is much less irritating.
–Rapidly exfoliates dead skin cells and surface debris from the skin.
–Mandelic acid has antimicrobial/antibacterial properties, making it an excellent choice for all types of acne, including cystic acne.
–Mandelic is typically an excellent exfoliator for clients suffering from Rosacea.
- Never use manual exfoliators nor scrubbing brushes within 24 hours of using a peel.
- Stop Retin A, benzoyl peroxides, acne products and any other drying agents 24 hours before and after using an alpha hydroxy or beta hydroxy peel.
- If you are allergic to aspirin products, never use a salicylic acid nor beta hydroxy peel.
- Never apply a peel without doing a patch-test first and waiting 48 hours for results.
- Never apply a chemical peel to inflamed skin.
- Always read product directions in their entirety and don’t take shortcuts.
- Use our BellEvolve Advanced Repair Cream for skin that has been chemically over processed. It contains advanced healing agents that will quickly get your skin back to normal.
- When in doubt about a caution, please write or call us for more information.
Great Reviews on Makeupalley !
This is definitely a step up from the Toner. I remember when I first used this product, I was just so scared because of all the warnings; since it was my first time using a peel I was very careful. I read stories about people burning their faces off (not anything crazy.. just a little), so I did a patch test first and everything worked out fine.
I used this every two weeks in the beginning, by applying it with a cotton ball. Initial Response: It BURNED alot. In the beginning, I couldn’t take it and would wash it off after a few minutes; then I moisturized the living hell out of my skin. The next day, my skin looked a lot smoother and more pale (I like that). I used this in conjuction with the toner and it works perfectly fine for me, everyone’s skin is different. After my skin became used to it, I would use it every week, then finally every four days. I would only leave it on for about 10 minutes, then quickly rinse it off thorougly and moisturize.
You do find that your skin becomes dry after using this product, but using a good moisturizer will help with that. I love it, and you can see the results faster than using just the toner alone. Of course, that’s because it is very powerful, but rest assured it is one of the gentle peels from MUAC. I don’t buy it anymore because after finishing up a bottle of it, I think using the toner is easier and requires less work.
Less work? Well, I’m just too lazy to set my alarm and walk around the house for about ten minutes while waiting for it to work its magic. Also, it does burn and you have to make sure you get every little bit off… but that’s just me. After using one bottle, it worked its magic and now I’m just using the toner.
Overall, It works! But make sure you read all the directions and be very careful if this is your first time using a peel.
Results appear faster since it is stronger. One bottle is enough as it lasts a long time since you are basically only using the peel once a week, or even twice a week if you have sensitive skin.
Don’t forget to wear sunscreen when you use this product or any other strong medication!!!