I’m not a big fan of summer, my skin gets more oily, I sweat more easily and I get more tan. But, here’s an easy easy DIY toner that everyone can make! I love my Rice Toner and use it almost everyday to just give my face a splash of cold water and keep myself cool.
My mother taught me this trick but I never really used rice water as my toner until last year. Now, every time I cook rice I always keep a huge bowl of rice water for myself.
Some benefits of Rice Water
Rice Water is used to brighten up your skin and keep it smooth. It can also heal acne and as it brightens your skin, lighten up your hyperpigmentation also. Rice Water is very common in Asia, no wonder people in Vietnam have such wonderful skin!
Make it yourself
1) Start off with some uncooked rice (do not use the instant kind) and a cup of water. I am using organic jasmine rice.
2) Pour the water into the rice.
3) Stir the mixture around! I do this for a few minutes until the water gets a bit darker, and let the rice soak in for about 5 minutes or so. Do this to get all the wonderful benefits and nutrients !
4) Cloudy water means its done!
5) Drain the rice water (cook the rice!) + take a container to put the extra rice water in (This step is optional).
6) Take a cotton ball.
7) Soak your cotton ball and apply generously.