Why have I waited until now to watch Bridget Jones Diary… I’ll never know. Maybe because it’s due to the fact that the movie came out in 2001, when I was just entering middle schooI. But, hell , as a 22 year old college student – this movie is freaking amazing. Well, at least to me.
1. Because there’s nothing better than rolling myself into a blanket burrito and eating icecream while binge watching Netflix.
Oh, and the hopeless moaning of despair as I think about all the stuff I have to do, like finals week. (I have a boyfriend, so this doesn’t apply to me) But maybe if I’m single at 30 then that will essentially be me.
2. Because my mom literally sewed all my clothes and made me wear them to school.
Oh Bridget, you’ve had it easy. You haven’t seen all the horrible things I had to wear… *shudders*. It was as if my mother went to the Fabric store, picked out fabric that would look great on curtains, came home – sewed me some pants, and used the remaining fabric to hang on the curtain hanger. Not lying.
3. Because who hasn’t ever dreamed of meeting Mr. Right in a party where you only know one person?
4. Because the Spanx vs. Hot underwear dilemma is REAL.
And most of the time, the SPANX wins above all. Did I mention they’re super comfy and hide most of your tummy fat?
5. Because this was my new year resolutions.
6. Because when I try to look cute/sexy, something horrible ends up happening.
7. Because I know my flaws, but accept them anyway.
8. Because, in the end , happy endings do exist.
Need I say more? Bridget Jones Diary is the best freaking movie out there.
You can watch it on Netflix!